Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use Hydration Formula in my VocalMist?
The Science shows that nebulizing isotonic saline can measurably reduce the pressure needed to bring your vocal folds together and phonate, making singing feel easier than before nebulizing. Isotonic saline can also help remove mucus and allergens from your nasal cavity, and reduce post nasal drip. Nebulizing VocalMist Hydration Formula has been shown to help hydrate your vocal tract and nasal cavities, as well as reduce the perception of effort spent singing/speaking.
What comes with my new VocalMist?
Watch our Unboxing video here for all the info:
How/when should I clean my VocalMist?
After each daily use remove the cap and allow the unit to totally air dry.
For weekly cleaning, rinse external and internal areas of saline capsule with lukewarm/slight hot water (Below 40°C). Fill saline cup with 3 parts purified water and 1 part distilled white vinegar, and nebulize solution to completion. Rinse the capsule with water and let air dry. Do not reuse cleaning solution. Do not touch metal mesh during cleaning.
Mask and mouthpiece can be cleaned with hot water and dish soap.
How often should I use the VocalMist?
For maximum effect use the VocalMist 15 minutes before singing, and then immediately after singing. You can also use the VocalMist any time your voice feels dry or your sinuses are uncomfortable. If needed, you can use several times a day with no adverse effects.
Can I use essential oils in my VocalMist?
Can I use anything other than VocalMist Hydration Formula in my VocalMist?
Your unit is designed only for use with VocalMist Hydration Formula (isotonic saline) and using any other substances, unless prescribed by a doctor, can be extremely dangerous. Please respect your health with this product!
My VocalMist does not have enough mist output. What gives?
- Check to make sure you are using VocalMist Hydration Formula (isotonic saline) in your device, as it is not endorsed to work with other substances.
- Occasionally, liquid may accumulate inside the nozzle of the device, and a slight shake will free the metal mesh to properly nebulize.
- The spray mesh may have occasional buildup, inhibiting the atomization. You can drop 2 or 3 drops of white vinegar into the medication cup with 3-6mL lukewarm water, and then fully atomize the resulting solution. Do not inhale the atomization, rinse the saline cup with water afterwards, and let it air dry before next use.
- Detach the removable saline cup (via white button on the back) to expose the gold pin connectors on the bottom of the cup. Check that the gold pins have not become compressed into the cup, as they must be fully extended to make electrical contact with the body of the device. If any pins are compressed, manually adjust them to full extension.
- Inspect the gold pins mentioned above, as well as their counterpart circle connectors on the battery side of the VocalMist. If you see any discoloration or corrosion on these electrical connector pieces, please remove the corrosion by scraping the connectors with something thin and metallic (like the end of a paperclip) so that the shining metallic surface is exposed to best facilitate electrical connection. When finished, firmly reattach the saline cup onto the body of the VocalMist.
- If problems still persist, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance!
What is the return policy for VocalMist?
The VocalMist Portable Nebulizer is warranted to be free from material defects and workmanship defects appearing within 6 months from the date of purchase when used in accordance with the instructions provided with the device. VocalMist LLC will, at our option, repair or replace without charge. Any repair service out of the scope of warranty will be charged accordingly.
VocalMist is also happy to refund your purchase, minus shipping costs, following the return of an unopened package (still in shrink wrap) to our return address within 60 days of purchase date. Because the VocalMist is manufactured and delivered sterile with medical-grade components, it cannot be returned for a full refund after the shrink wrap has been broken. In select cases we may accept a return of a used item pending an additional sterilization fee.
To obtain this warranty service or facilitate a return, please send us an email at email@example.com with your order number and email used to purchase.
What is the cancellation policy for a Hydration Formula Subscription?
You can find our cancellation policy here! After your first recurring order arrives, cancel anytime with no obligations. You are in charge!
What if my order is damaged?
If your order has any defects or if you suspect it was damaged during manufacturing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone from our support team will assist you in initiating the troubleshooting or warranty replacement process.
I have more questions!
If you have more questions, please send us an email at email@example.com! Someone from our team will be happy to help you get the answers you need. :)